Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The simple things in life ...are three.

It amazes me how the simple things in life, even buttoning a button, can put a sparkle in the day.
Kelsey surprises me daily and brightens up the room when she discovers something new. Tonight it was her delight in mastering the buttons on her night-shirt. She gave me an affirmative "no" when I tried to help her, as she usually does, but tonight with a few gentle suggestions, voila, she was a button master. Then came the giggles with excitement and the need to show off her new skill for daddy. And excitedly she said to me , "tell him I did it, ALL, mommy!" The whole way down the stairs, "Tell him now mommy, tell him!" So, we made it down the stairs to show off the new skill, and of course unbutton and rebutton all of the buttons The icing on the cake was her proud statement, "Now I am really ready for school!" It is the simple things that uncomplicate life.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Complete nonsequetor: I really like your template.

Colleen said...

Kelsey is very excited about the day that she will finally go to "school". SO each new skill she developes brings her to the conclusion that she just might be ready to go to school and maybe even ride a bus! We are within walking distance to the school that she will probably go to so we haven't broke it to her yet that the "dream" of riding the bus may not happen.