Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ever been an IDIOT?

That's me, an idiot. I feel stupid! I made a terrible error to the person who gave birth to me and I do not know how I will ever make it up to her.

The terrible error included, "FORGETTING HER BIRTHDAY."

It makes me want to hide in shame just writing it, "Oh my, what have I done?" We have our differences, but we are fairly close and she helps us out with the kids alot.

Yesterday my mom tried to call me and I was too busy to call her back until I was on my way to pick up the kids. Stupidly, once gain, I was running late and had to call my daycare provider to tell her , SO the last thing I said to my mom was, "I'm running late, gotta go!" This in the midst of her bearing her soul about HER bad day at work. After I said that, she just said, "Oh OK." She was probably thinking- "DAMN KID forgot my birthday!" And who knows, she may have ended up in tears!

How do I ever make it up to her? She is coming over tonight, because once again, she is watching our kids tomarrow. Please help?

4 comments:

Kristin said...

what was the outcome?

Colleen said...

My thought was to buy "Chinese take-out". But she bought it for herself yesterday, on her actual birthday. We got flowers for her last weekend-so that idea of ass-kissing was a little bit out too.

When I talked to her on the phone, I said sorry, and she said, "I hate when people do that on my birthday!" I said "What?" She said, "I was referring to my boss, pissing me off yesterday!" I said "Oh...ya...that is right." And in my best social work response I said, "That is too bad, was your day today better?"

It was apparently, no boss at work today for her.

So I was armed with no fantastic ideas, no flowers, or take-out; just my charm, which is a stretch!

The second my mom came in the door, Kelsey turned on the charm and said, "Happy birthday Grandma!"

And in the end, all is ok, but I will never forget it again, by golly! Maybe a Cold Stone Creamery cake is in our near future.

Kristin said...

Stone Cold Creamery Cake sounds very delicious.

Anonymous said...

oh, mom's are good at forgiving.. it will be okay!