Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A word of Warning

In case you had forgotten or just never have experienced the joy of ice on the ground, it is very slippery! Hence the reason for wearing ice skates on it or chains on your tires when driving on it around the mountains.

I was not wearing ice skates or driving with chains, but was ill-equipped with my slip-on shoes, which by the way are also very slippery. I think I escaped the embarrassment of being seen. But now I am sharing publically that I fell on the ice. The kind of fall where your legs slip out from underneath you, completely and you fall on your butt.

In my case, I fell on my hip and my elbow and am now sporting a little bit of a limp and a robin-egg on my elbow.

Ahhhh, the joy of winter! Only 4 1/2 more months, if we're lucky.

2 comments:

Vikki said...

Yes, it's that time of the year. I have these brown boots that I just love but I call them my "Shoes of Death" because whenever I wear them in the winter, I slip and slide everywhere.

Kristin said...

Just yesterday in the escalator you said you were ready for Winter to be over. Foreshadowing, that was.