Thursday, January 11, 2007

What is in a name?



On the way home today Kelsey shared with me such a thought provoking and humorous moment that I never want to forget it!

Kelsey: Mommy, I have been thinking, is there an easier name I could have that does not have a "K" in it ... I just can not do them very well ... and ... I would just need a different name until school and then I will learn my"K" 's I am sure.

Me: Well what were you thinking?

Kelsey: I don't know, isn't there any names without "K" 's that I could use?

Me: My name does not have any "K" 's just a "C" and an "O" and...

Kelsey(interrupting): Oh, I can do an "O", that is just like a circle isn't it?

Me: Yes, sweetie.

Kelsey: While we are talking about it maybe Kylie would like a different name too, right Kylie?

Children provide such rich material!

No comments: