Monday, November 06, 2006

All I want for Christmas is ...

Alas, it is nearly Christmas time and the anticipation is growing at my house. I always knew that the media was evil, but now I am positive that the media Gods are the anti-Christ(s).

As the tv was on yesterday I heard a sound that I can only describe as a spastic injured monkey. And then, "I want that Curious George and Cars." I said, "What sweetie?" And then out of a horror novel, I heard her say, "I want that and that and that- for Christmas!" She must have seen the horror in my face because then she said, "...from Santa Claus."

Of course, a parent can never argue with the list given to Santa, for then a mysterious secret could be released from the cauldron of parenting secrets. Unfortunately miss Kelsey, the master manipulator, has figured out that Santa Claus is fairly untouchable.

I am saddened because it feels like Pandora's Box has opened and an element of Christmas Magic is gone.

1 comment:

Vikki said...

This too shall pass. You could try keeping the TV off until December 26th. It is amazing how powerful marketing is on children.