Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Reasons NOT to go to North Dakota for Thanksgiving

I am good at preparing lists, and the in-laws have requested that we join them for Thanksgiving this year. So I have decided to prepare a list of reasons why traveling to North Dakota may not be a good idea this year...

1. My in-law has an attack dog, as we witnessed after Kelsey's birthday party, when her face was bitten.

2. I have a large dog, Teddy, that loves other animals, but the attack dog yips and nips at Teddy whenever they are in close proximity.

3. My in-law does not have enough room for my family to stay and my brother-in-laws, her home is a split entry with three bedrooms. So we would probably need to stay at a hotel.

4. It could be costly to stay at a hotel for two-three nights. And...

5. We are going to be spending several days with my in-laws over Christmas on a vacation getaway, so it would be nice to be home for Thanksgiving.

6. There is very little to do in North Dakota.


7. After the last visit with my in-law, I learned that Bath and Body makes a scented lotion that smells just like yeast infection medication, a lotion which she seems to love and lathers on quite frequently.

8. The last time I stayed at my in-laws I got bed-bug bites up and down my back, yuck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are pretty astonishing reasons - yeast infection medicicine smelling lotion and BED BUGS! I am not sure you should go at Christmas either. You should definitely get a hotel, Colleen, because then you can always say at 7pm, "well, we have to get the kids to bed.

Kristin

Colleen said...

This is why I have not been back since the last time, to Shane's dismay!