Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Burban Bubble

I live in a suburban bubble.

I watched the last two minutes of the Rockefellor Tree Lighting and felt a tiny bit excited, the excitement you feel as a child. I realized a few minutes later that it was probably the same kind of excitement I feel when I watch fireworks. I found myself saying, " Oh I bet the kids would have enjoyed watching that."

This brings me to the philosophy of "the bubble". I recalled after seeing the Rockefellor Tree that the same type of events occur in Minneapolis and St Paul. I think it is a combination of laziness and being unaware of the events that are so near that keep us from participating in some of the great and unique opportunities we live so close to. Each year I find myself saying, "We will get to the holidazzle this year or we will go to some of the winter carnival events."

So I will say, publically, this year we will do at least one holiday activity in the big city and I will capture the moment in my blog.
Any ideas?

2 comments:

Vikki said...

You gotta go to the Holidazzle Parade and take in the Macy's display. The girls will love it!

Kristin said...

During the week though. Less crowds.