Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Busting my Tail

I received my review and was told and encouraged, because I am "a hard worker". I agree, I am a hard worker, but feel I would be a harder worker if there were more vacation or down-time encouraged in our lifestyles.

I have heard that the "type A" busy lifestyles of Americans account for health troubles, headaches, and even premature death. Unfortunately longevity is not in my genetics, so I will have to start campaigning for more vacation-time.

This is not something I am unique in considering, European countries already consider this in their work-day and work-year; such as the infamous "Siesta's"!

I need a Siesta! How about you?

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Who are you campaigning with, specifically? Carmen? You should just take more trips to the field and sleep in your car.

Vikki said...

I definitely need more vacation time or mental health days or something. I should probably just move to Europe because I am not cut out for the rat race.