Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pixy Tricks and Rotten Treats

Bah Humbug to this haunting time of year.

I remember yester-year when I looked forward to sharing the kids in their cute costumes with neighbors and enjoyed greeting all of my friendly neighbors at the door, eagerly passing out candy to each and every friendly neighbor kid.

I am feeling sad that I do not have the same connection with my new neighborhood, of yard neglectors and new faces that either do not speak english or we have just not met yet. I admit in my old neighborhood there were times of annoyance with the eager greetings from neighbors the second we stepped out the door. Well my annoyance in my new neighborhood has turned to loneliness with the lack of hospitality and kindness I use to take for granted.

I want to be back on Fox Hollow (even the name is more Halloweeny then Colorado Ave).

1 comment:

Vikki said...

You'll just have to focus on the kids in their cute costumes. Hopefully, your neighborhood will come alive soon.