Friday, October 20, 2006

This shit won't flush

I am anxiously awaiting a new look to our government following the November elections. I honestly cannot bear to see any more ruins that the current administation has called tactful and effective governing. All of this is said following a review of the news and professional encounters I have had this week.

I just read in the local news that one of the inner city clinics who provides care to the poor and immigrant population will be losing 20 staff to lay-offs. I know that this is not a result of a lack of work to do because when I call to refer client's they are either put on long waiting lists or refused because the wait is to long to start services.

Yesterday when I was at court, I was told by a Public Housing Staff member that they had large cuts in their program as well due to funding issues. Again, public housing staff are very busy, and it is already difficult to get low-income individuals into the highrises and public housing buildings.

I can only surmise that these cuts are a direct attack on social services and the poor and immigrant populations in our local area. I know that their are more cuts to come as the human service budget in counties alone are due to make major cuts in the next year.

I can only hope that a cleansing or "flush" of the current government officials in the coming elections will make the necessary changes in the "Face of America".

1 comment:

Vikki said...

I'll drink to that.